Social Media and Cyber Safety PD - 2hr - NESA Registered, November 5th - 5:30pm AEST
Time & Location
About the Event
The course will provide Teachers with the ability to make the best decisions when using the major social media apps, and give current, practical advice that can be used in curriculum and immediately implemented to protect themselves, the school and those in their care.
This course will help to promote the safe, responsible and ethical use of Social Media at school. Participants are encouraged to bring their devices as practical activities peppered throughout the course will give them experience in changing settings and curating notifications and other functions.
- Social Media best practice for schools and teachers
- Legal Responsibilities
- Duty of Care in relation to Social Media and Smart Phones
- Policies, Guidelines concerning Social Media
- Using Social Media with awareness
- Keeping Personal Information Private
- Curating your online image. (both personal and professional)
- Digital footprints – Awareness and management
- Cyberbullying and online harassment
- Security and Privacy settings.
- Popular (and not so well known) Social Media Apps - What they are, how they work, security and privacy tips for safe use, positive ways to use them.
Some of the apps covered are:
Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Roblox, TikTok, Minecraft, Fortnite and Online Gaming, Tinder, Sarahah, Tumblr, Tellonym, Yubo, Yolo, Vault apps and others.
Safe on Social Media offers ongoing learning support to Teachers and Schools through an annual subscription to out “Cyber Safety Toolkit” which includes guides and cheat sheets with new additions to the toolkit each week. The first year of the Toolkit subscription is free to those that complete the course.
Completing "Social Media Best Practise when using Facebook and Instagram for Schools and Teachers" will contribute 2 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 4.4.2 and 4.5.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
- Professional learning training$181.50GST included